No doubt if you’re a great mum you are probably questioning your abilities as a mum through one decision or another and you are trying to think of ways to be a better mum. We are expected to do it all, raise a chid, run a house, have a job and still look presentable. Some people make it look easy, whilst other like me just look frazzled. I guess some of us are better than others of keeping up the appearance of keeping your shit together and that’s great, but for others we burn out, struggle and we question ourselves as a mum. I’ve written 10 facts on why you are a better mum than you think.
- Because you care enough to even read this. Just by questioning your ability as a mum shows how much you care.
- You have sacrificed something in your life, probably lots which makes you selfless.
- You priorities your money and pay your bills to keep a roof over your children’s home. You will go without to make sure your children have security.
- Your children are fed, warm, have a safe home and probably have far too many toys.
- You have a child who loves and needs you. That makes you special. In their eyes you are amazing and they idolize you.
- You are teaching your children important life skills everyday. You show them understanding, empathy, patience just to name a few.
- You are showing your children love. Your love for them imprints and shows them what to base love on as they grow.
- You have made mistakes, but you have also learnt from them. You are showing your children how to learn from mistakes and that no one is perfect.
- You don’t give up, you keep trying to be better parent.
- You love them fiercely like you could have never imagined and would protect them with your own life.
You are a better mum than you think and your love for your children is unconditional. We all have moments when we shout too loud, let our emotions get the better of us or have to make a sacrifice in one way or another. We are not bad mum’s, we are human, we have little ones dependent on us and it is hard work at times. Be kind to yourself, you’re doing a great job.