If you get bored of the usual vegetable soups and want a bit of spice, then you’ll love this Thai style squash soup I make.
- olive oil fry light
- 1.5 kg of butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 1 shoot of lemon grass
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400ml low fat coconut milk
- 800ml vegetable stock
- lime juice
- 1 sliced chilli to garnish
- Peel squash and cut into cubes. Heat oven to 200C (gas mark 6) and place squash in a roasting tin with a good spray of fry light for 30 minuets.
- Slice one onion and add to a pan with the ginger and lemon grass. Spray with plenty of fry light and cook gently until onions are soft around 10-15 minuets.
- Add the curry paste and stir for one minuet to release the flavours, then add the butternut squash to the pan.
- Empty the tin of coconut milk to the pan and simmer for 5 minuets, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lemongrass and once cooled use a liquidiser.
- Heat back up and garnish with the chilli to serve.
Makes four large portions. 5.5 slimming world syns per portion